Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This will tear at your heart strings

An adorable dog with such loyality and love for his owner. Hachiko Waits is a timeless story, which is evident since its true historical setting is 1924. What I didn't know before reading this book, was that it is historical fiction. It's based on a true story. This dog was famous in Japan.



This was another good read that I didn't want to put down. This is one reason I enjoy children's literature; I can read a large volume of books over the summer, which then some of the best are either purchased for my classroom library, or they turn into classroom read alouds. This one is possibly going to be both; a read aloud and a purchase.

What was surprising to me was that while doing some images research, that this book and historical information has been turned into a movie staring Richard Gere. I don't think this was ever released into theaters in my area, but it is for sale from Amazon.




And here is an image of the statue that was built because of Hachiko's loyality and determination to find his owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment